Wednesday, May 19, 2010

TWO WHOLE YEARS!!


Can you believe it?!! I have been married to my amazing husband for a whole two years! Thanks to my lack of a job this summer, we were on a $0 budget for our anniversary celebration. We went climbing in the canyon with Trace and Amber and we had a very nice home-cooked candlelit dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary. Coming to this amazing milestone has led me to reflect on these two amazing years:
  • I love how we can spend hours playing odd games we spontaneously make up, that have unspoken rules
  • I love our hymn races during sacrament meeting (for all those who are gasping at our irreverence: It is just a quiet competition that last for three seconds. I promise we are good people!)
  • I love how Sean has become accustomed to sleeping with a slanted ceiling 6 inches from his face and has trouble sleeping without it (gotta love our tiny apartment)
  • I love how our family home evenings consist of trips to Home Depot and Lowe's so we can plan out our future dream home
  • I love how spending time together in nature is a priority for us.
  • I love how Sean comes to the rescue when cooking in my shoebox of a kitchen gets too frustrating
  • I love how Sean always creates me as a star player in his Nintendo games
  • I love that we are both bibliophiles and can talk endlessly about the last good book we read
  • I love how we even have a competitive game for getting into bed for the night
  • I love how Sean plans for our future children's outdoor activities
  • I love how we are experimenting with Sunday Dinner recipes so that we can build our own cookbook of favorites
  • I love how neither of us want the remotes because we want to make sure that the other person gets to watch what they want
  • I love how we both save money "secretly" to get the other person their dream gift
  • I love how we make random trips throughout the year to Salt Lake, just so we can go to REI, the Patagonia Outlet, and Sconecutters
  • I love how we are constantly thinking that if anyone happened to walk into the room, they would think we were crazy
  • I love Sean's massages!!! He definitely has magic hands
  • I love how I got a coupon book for Mother's day that he made during Elders Quorum
  • I love the "Remember when. . ." game
  • I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh... Kaylyn.... CUTE!!! Im so glad you are SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I'm a creeper - but I saw this on Facebook and had to read your blog! Yay - you have one. I love blogs, and I love you, so it works out great! Your post was adorable. It made me excited for eventually finding Mr. Right!
    Hope everything is great!
    Michelle Hillman

    ReplyDelete